The administrative heroes over at Columbia decided that the best way to solve the university’s major sexual assault crisis and amend for their general mishandling of assault cases is to cancel a school-wide concert. Most publicly-reacting students have recognized this as yet another misguided move, and likely part of the school’s continuing War on Fun. The concert was supposed to be held this fall and artists were already secured; now the school has to pay the unnamed artists $55,000 for nothing.
Read the rest of this entry »
- Brown: Brown has a Halloween tradition – the Midnight Halloween Organ Recital.
- Columbia: Students spread fear and/or sanity at the rallies in DC.
- Penn: Pennsylvania’s congressional races are pretty close, and Penn students make expected endorsements.
- Harvard: Harvard’s Adams residents celebrate Halloween in drag.
- Dartmouth: Apparently Hanover trick-or-treaters now think that pajamas constitute a Halloween costume.
Now my political-junkie freak side is telling me to get preachy, so here it is. There is a lot of fear involved in political races across the country this midterm election year. Please go out and VOTE tomorrow. Seriously, in some races a few votes carry a lot of weight. Make me proud! Please don’t forget to vote tomorrow, or I might have to rely on incessant West Wing references in my posts later in the week to console myself. You’ve been forewarned.