As everyone knows, things have been blowing up left and right this weekend on how Yale students filed a Title IX complaint against the University on March 15.
Here is IG’s comprehensive roundup of the story:
To see what happend on April 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, follow the jump.
- Despite the April 1st foolery, the AP hops on the story and it really goes national. The Daily Beast, the New York Times, Bloomberg, etc. are all over either linking the original Yale Herald and YDN stories or blandly re-hashing what the campus papers had already said.
- Miranda Lewis - past IGer, Yale
Herald Bullblog EIC, and DoubleX intern at Slate – reports that people are thanking the students who filed the complaint and what Yale can expect in the next month.
- CNN refers to the Pundit party as “a party in which undergraduate students were allegedly asked to strip naked.” (Seriously, would it take more than 5 minutes to research IG coverage of the party?)
- Claire Gordon, a Yale research fellow, writes an op-ed in favor of the complaint for the Huffington Post.
- Dean of Yale College sends email on the issue to students around 7:22 pm Friday night, and Herald later publishes the email.
- YDN coverage gives us more information on DOE’s investigation and University response.
- Presca Ahn publishes a guest op-ed on “Why we filed the Title IX complaint” in the YDN.
- Members of the Women’s Center board publish an op-ed in the YDN.
- Herald publishes piece on Title IX and sports.
April 2nd and 3rd
If you have more information on this story, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org